MOT Testing


All UK cars 3 years old and over require a valid MOT certificate by law. The contents and standards required are set by the Vehicle Inspectorate.


As a Class IV testing station we can MOT most makes and types of cars.  Motorfix charge £54.85 per MOT – this includes free local pick and delivery.  Please call 01993 700776 to book or contact us.

An MOT can be carried out at any time

If the vehicle is MOT tested within the calendar month prior to when the MOT is due, the MOT test certificate will run from the date of the test to one year after the expiry date of the current certificate.

The same rule would also apply when the vehicle is taken in within a calendar month of its first MOT. In this case, the vehicle owner would need to present their registration document. If the vehicle is tested earlier than one month before its MOT due date, the MOT will only run for twelve months.
Replacing lost or damaged MOT certificates
If you have lost or damaged your MOT Test Certificate, you can obtain a duplicate from any MOT Testing Station by providing the Vehicle Registration Mark and either the original MOT Test Number of Document Reference Number (shown on the V5C Registration Certificate issued by the DVLA).  The maximum charge for a duplicate MOT certificate is £10.
Your MOT Certificate
Your MOT certificate confirms that your vehicle, at the time of its MOT test, met the minimum acceptable environmental and road safety standards required by law. It does not mean the vehicle is roadworthy for the life of the MOT certificate.  Regular maintenance of the vehicle may still be required. Records of MOT test results are held on a secure central database.  All MOT testing stations have been connected to a central database. 
The MOT certificate is your receipt for the MOT test. It shows the information that is held on the MOT database. The MOT certificate is no longer proof of an MOT and should not be relied on as such. Only the computer record can prove a vehicle has a valid MOT.  Any recommended advisory work will normally be shown on a new Advisory Notice which will be given to you at the time of the MOT you need an MOT certificate?

You should take your MOT Certificate with you when you apply for a new Vehicle Excise Licence (vehicle tax disc) at a Post Office. This is unless the vehicle is not subject to MOT testing because of its age or type. If you have a A4 size MOT certificate you can choose to relicense your vehicle online. 

A MOT test certificate relates only to the condition of testable items at the time of the MOT test and should not be regarded as:

  • Evidence of their condition at any other time
  • Evidence of the general mechanical condition of the vehicle
  • Evidence that the vehicle fully complies with all aspects of the law on vehicle construction and use.